Cranberry Juice Benefits

Cranberry Juice Benefits – Enjoy Delicious Cranberry Juice

Cranberry Juice Benefits

Hello, and congratulations on discovering CranberryJuiceBenefits.org!

As you’ll soon find out, cranberry juice is not only a deliciously tasting drink, it also provides us with important health benefits.

If we believe everything we read it would appear that cranberry juice can cure half of all known health problems. Unfortunately this is not the case. But cranberry juice does receive a good press, and it is important to understand why.

Fruit and vegetables are an important addition to our diets. They ensure we receive the right balance of vitamins and minerals, proven to help lower the risk of chronic disease.

It is no secret that drinking pure, unsweetened fruit juice like orange, apple and pineapple provides our bodies with important nutrients like vitamin C and essential antioxidants.

But what about cranberry juice? How can this less popular juice be of any more benefit to our health, and should we be substituting our traditional morning orange and pineapple juice, with cranberry juice?

Here’s Some Information on Cranberries and Their Nutritional Value..

• Cranberries are grown as shrubs in the wild, or on vines when cultivated.
  • They are bright red in color and have a rich tart and slightly bitty taste to them.
  • In the US they are predominantly grown in the northern states and southern Canada and are a larger variety than wild cranberries found in Europe.
  • One cup of cranberries measures roughly 50 calories.
  • They contain zero cholesterol and the total fat composition is only 0.1 gram, which makes cranberry juice a very low-fat, healthy drink.
  • As with many brightly colored fruits, cranberries are rich in antioxidants which benefit the body in a number of ways.
  • It is an excellent source of vitamin C, a very good source of dietary fiber, and a good source of manganese and vitamin K.

How Can Cranberry Juice Benefit Me?

Apart from other healthy nutrients they produce, the most notable benefit of cranberry juice, and what sets it apart from other fruit juices, is its ability to treat and prevent urinary tract infections.

Cranberries contain an antibacterial agent called hippuric acid which acidifies the urine. Combined with other compounds it reduces the ability of E-coli bacteria to stick to the walls of the bladder. It simply mixes with the urine and is washed away.

Since E-coli are responsible for up to 90% of urinary tract infections, the protection provided by cranberry juice is quite significant. Drinking one glass of cranberry juice every day can reduce the risk of infections and prevents cystitis.

But more research has led to other important health benefits of cranberry juice including:

Helps to Reduce High Cholesterol Levels – Drinking cranberry juice daily may help to increase levels of HDL, (good cholesterol) and reduce levels of LDL, (bad cholesterol). The knock on effect is less of the bad cholesterol clogging the walls of your arteries which puts less strain on the heart.
Prevention of Kidney Stone Formation – Some medical studies have shown that quinic acid, abundantly found in cranberries, may help to prevent the development of kidney stones.
Cranberries Combat Herpes Virus – Scientists have found that a substance extracted from the cranberries suppressed the genital herpes virus. Tests showed that the compound, proanthocyanidin, made it harder for the virus to penetrate cells.
Protection Against Macular Degeneration- (An affliction of the eyes that affect many people as they age).
Reduction of Dental Plaque – Studies have shown that cranberry juice can reduce the growth of bacteria that causes plaque to stick to the teeth, preventing decay and gum disease.
Prevents Stomach Related Problems – A daily glass of cranberry juice can help destroy H.pylori bacteria which cause stomach ulcers and cancer.

Research into cranberry juice benefits is ongoing, but it is now widely accepted for its powerful antioxidants and the health benefits these bring.

It is a combination of the different compounds that make up cranberries rather than any 1 particular nutrient that provide these various health benefits.

I personally drink a glass of cranberry juice most mornings instead of my usual grapefruit juice. I find I can get the benefits of other juices in a variety of foods, whereas cranberry juice is quite unique and effective in what it does.

Apart from that, it is a really refreshing drink that perks you up for the day.

It does have quite a sharp taste to it and I dilute mine with a quarter glass of water, which makes it last even longer.

The pure, nothing added variety of cranberry juice is the obvious choice as there’s already enough benefits without adding any more.

If you can’t find a suitable brand in your local store, Amazon can post you some in a day or 2 and I love their natural cranberry concentrate version.

Here’s a quick and informative video about the health benefits of cranberry juice:

I hope you enjoyed this article and found it beneficial. If you have any questions or comments about the health benefits of cranberry juice, please drop them below.

Peter

Send to Kindle

35 Responses to “Cranberry Juice Benefits”

1. Irene gahid says:

I have tried cranberry juice for sometime now, may I ask if it has any effect on my INR since I am taking in Coumadin because of my metal valve? also will it help expel gas in the stomach because my sotmach is most often full of air that I feel bloated

2. Kevin@Cystic Acne Home Remedy says:

Hi,

Very nice site, very informative, lots of good learning here. You did a very good job on your site, I wish you top rankings my friend.

Cranberry juice does indeed help with bladder and urinary tracts infections, and I have used it for kidney problems. For example when I was in my 20’s, I drank lots of soda and very little water. Well, as you know that leads to kidney stones and I was starting to have problems. So it was recommended to me to drink cranberry juice and more water also. Well, cranberry juice works great.

It is nice to learn what elements contained in this juice works for our benefits.

Kevin

3. I love cranberry juice and drink it regularly, it is very good for you!! Delicious too :)

4. Jenny says:

Happy to know that “a daily glass of cranberry juice can help destroy H.pylori bacteria which cause stomach ulcers and cancer”.
    Just another great recipe to get rid of it.

5. Bill Holden says:

One website claimed cranberry juice increased acidity, resulting in a stronger smell of the urine.

Is this true, or the reverse?

6. Peter says:

Yes it probably does Bill, but only if you let yourself become dehydrated. Otherwise it will just dilute naturally in your system.

7. Jane@lack of sleep says:

I have never really thought about Cranberry Juice as being beneficial, other than the widely known benefit for urinary infections. I certainly had no idea that it could be helpful in lowering cholesterol levels and the other things you mention.

Think I will include this in my regular shop from now on. Quite like the taste anyway, so this will not be a hardship!

8. Eva says:

I had a condition of urethritis for years (mostly after being intimate with my partner)! A lot of girls suffering from this horrible condition. Every time i was getting sick i was trying to research how i can cure this. One day i read that cranberry juice will help and i started drinking it every day. Now I am a new me – no problems for already a year! This is after 10 years of suffering. I am so greatfull for this juice – never thought simple juice can make it!

9. Eva says:

By the way, not every type of urethrisis can be cured like that. Urethrisis that people getting from STDs abviously can’t be cured just with a juice. But probably can help with the cure.

10. Anna says:

Very informative -thank you! I also wanted to find out if anyone knows how much of the juice could be drunk daily?

11. maya yang says:

cranberry juice is like the best thing on earth! every morning, i always drink 2 glasses of this awesome juice in the hotel buffet! it is really healthy, and it tastes so good! GO CRANBERRIES!!!!!!!!

12. Teresa says:

Thank you for the informative site! My question is, should I be drinking cranberry juice if I am dehydrated? I have been drinking about a half a cup to a cup in water daily.

13. Peter says:

Hi Teresa,

You should really be drinking cranberry juice in addition to your daily water intake of around 8 glasses per day.

Peter

14. Larry says:

Hi.. very nice post, just have a couple of questions:
    1/ Cranberry juice seems to sour for me, and I was wanting to take the capsule form instead. The lowest size pill here is 1000mg. With respect to 1 cup of Cranberry juice, what would be the conversion? I.e. how many cups is this equivalent to.
    2/ Is there anything wrong about having too much?
    3/ Is there any difference (i.e. advantage/disadvantage) between the capsule and fresh juice?

Thanks.. very much!

15. makidavis says:

I love cranberry juice I drink it everyday all day. I have never contracted a UTI,OR any other medical problems. All thanks to cranberry juice. Give the other flavors a try also its wonderful

16. makidavis says:

Hello larry,
    If Cranberry juice is to sour for you, you should try maybe putting a half a cup of cold water in the juice to dilute a little if that doesnt work for you try a flavor like cran-apple or cran grape etc. Pills are just fine but I prefer the fresh glass cranberry juice because its very refreshing and good for flushing your body and bladder, which is an immediate flushing. There’s no such thing as too much cranberry juice but you should always drink water, Cranberry juice is not a substitue.

@Larry:

17. Gbean says:

Unsweetened cranberry juice is too sour for me! So, I have been drinking the cranberry juice mixed with other juices variety – which is less sweet than the sugar loaded cranberry cocktail. BUT! I also add as much unsweetened juice to that mix as I can tolerate. I’ve been doing this for a month, and my (very slight – after having had two bouts of cystitis last winter) urinary incontinence has completely cleared up. Yippee!!

18. Jan says:

Real Good read!!! However, does anyone have any idea whether cranberries heat the body? Bcos, i have seem to have longer period dates this month. Am suspecting its due to hving cranberry juice daily. Any idea on this?

19. Glenna says:

Please let me know if the acid in cranberry juice would make arthritis more painful. I have arthirtis, I like cranberry juice but don’t know if it affects my arthritis.

20. rhonda says:

My friend loves to drink cranberry juice but it has made her body becoming too skinny as if the cranberry juice is drying her up…

21. Surya says:

@Irene gahid: Hi Irene, Drink (gulp) 1.5 litres of water on empty stomach early in the morning and do a brisk walk till you need to go to rest room to empty your bowels. Come out and wait for 45 mins – 1 hr while doing some body exercises and then drink another 1.5 litres to repeat the process. Come out, wait for 1 hr and have your breakfast. Then after 45 mins start slowly drinking 2.5 -3 liters of water slowly through out the day till evening 5.30pm.

Do this for 1 week and discover a new you. You should not have any stomach problems, your MOST ailments in the body should go away. Drink at least 1 cup of cranberry juice along with breakfast to kill most urinary tract problems.

22. Chris Batenga says:

Is cranberry juice good in preventing future gouty attacks?….tnx

23. Del says:

i love cranberry juice and i drink it all the time!
    when i feel a bit ill i will drink around 2L of it a day and i seem to feel a bit better quickly (not sure if cranberry juice is the reason for my recovery but i think it helps)
    i have had a kidney transplant due to having the previous removed due to cancer and urine infections are very common to kidney transplantees i have had E-coli infection in the urenary tract and it is not nice! my fever went up to 40 degrees celcius and i was recomended cranberry juice by my dietition.
    i didnt fully know the benifits of cranberry juice, but your site help me greatly. thanks x

24. john says:

can take cranberry juice if you are taking sivistantin tablets

25. patricia says:

you have to drink 100 percent juice, no sugars added

ocean spray has alot of sugar

26. Heather says:

Hello….I found your article very beneficial but I also wanted to add this little bit of info that I found on WebMD!!!!

The risk of bleeding is increased if you take the anticlotting medication with any of six best-sellers: cranberry, melatonin, antioxidants, fish oil, and the joint supplements glucosamine and chondroitin

Thanks

27. Kel says:

I don’t really drink cranberry juice. it’s only when I’m pregnant my body crave that juice all the time. I’m pregnant with my second child and I was just curious as to what the benefits are. Thanks for this article!

28. Kevin says:

I have acid reflux disease and I am trying to figure out if cranberry juice is ok to drink. I know orange, grapefruit juices etc. shold be avoided but I cant find anything on cranberry juice. I drink it everyday now and I hope it is ok for my disease.

29. David says:

Hello,
    My name is David Katz. I am a deaf student. I attend in Gallaudet University. Anyway, I like to tell you about the benefits of cranberry juice to me.

Here’s my story – I’m an ex-smoker of about 7 years. I remember I been frustation that I tried quit smoking cigarettes since three years and tried anything include nictone gum, medicine, but without success. I promise that I quit cigarettes on Jan 1 2010 but it still addiction until Jan 4 2010 that time I went to shop at airport station. I brought cranberry juice and drank it when it make me thought that cranberry juice make me sour, bitter and something else in my throat like “sour inside”. I was curious and I drink it again and it kill the cigarette craving for a short time. I had idea that I had set my mind up that I drink cranberry juice everyday until how I feel when less addiction and stop crave. I stubborn drank until 6 months and make me bored to drink cranberry juice but it already automatic quit for smoke cigarettes. I shocked that I beat my bad habit.

I’m glad that I drank cranberry juice, right choice! :-) My recommend is Ocean Spray Cranberry juice, because of more strong sour and flavor. Now, I haven’t smoke since one year today from Jan 4, 2010. I want to say thank you for benefit from cranberry juice. Many people who try quit cigarettes and not think about cranberry juice help them. I’m not sure if it does success to most? half? few? just me? Please let me know about it. I hope this topic is new issue update for you! :-)

Thanks
    David Katz

30. Peter says:

Hi David,

Many thanks for sharing your story on how you have used cranberry juice to quit smoking! I’ve never heard of this, but if it works, it works!

Well done on quitting!

Has anyone else had the same or similar experiences? It would be good to know.

Peter

31. mari Rodriguez says:

i just started cranberry juice about a week ago..the reason why…i found out i had kidney stones..they told me to drink alot of cranberry juice..and i did..the whole bottle..well the next day, i passed out a stone. I was in shock how fast it really worked..so if u have kidney stones…cranberry juice is the way to go, and i feel that i wasted money going to the doctors, and medication they gave me didnt work, and cranberry juice worked from one day to the next!

32. Wayne B says:

I knew cranberry juice helped “clean you out” but recently the doctor told me I have a fatty liver. I’m taking extra b complex vitamins and milk thistle plus drinking only distilled water and cranberry juice. And eating as little fatty foods as possible, of course, and exercising. They have cranberry juice with Splenda so I get that. I thank the Lord for cranberry juice!

33. Lisa says:

Very good information. I have already heard of the benefits of cranberry juice, but can you tell me if if helps with yeast infections? I tend to get them off and on and I would like to know if cranberry juice can help.

34. Peter says:

@Lisa: I’ve found no evidence from any medical sources to suggest cranberry juice can benefit a yeast infection. A yeast infection is not a bacteria like you get with a urinary tract infection and so the properties within cranberries won’t work in the same way.

There are various natural remedies that people use to treat a yeast infection, including garlic and apple cider vinegar but I’m not sure about their effectiveness.

If you’re looking for a holistic approach to curing a yeast infection I can recommend this resource – Yeast Infection No More

35. Angie says:

Today doctor mentioned my urine tract got an infection. He gave me the medicine of Co-trimoxazole. I view from internet that drinking more cranberry juice can cure the infection.

I am in Malaysia. Appreciate to know where I can buy the pure cranberry juice.

Thank you.